Some Academy expansion put on pause
According to the government ‘The number of approved sponsors with open academies that have been restricted is reviewed regularly in the light of the latest assessment of performance. At 27 February 2014, 14 sponsors were restricted in full from sponsoring new academies or free schools out of a total of over 350 approved sponsors that currently support academies.
1. Academies Enterprise Trust (AET)
2. Academy Transformation Trust (ATT)
3. Barnfield Academies Trust
4. City of Wolverhampton Academy Trust
5. Djanogly Learning Trust
7. Grace Foundation
8. Landau Foundation
9. Lee Chapel Academy Trust
10. Prospects Academies Trust
11. South Nottingham College Academy Trust
12.The Learning Schools Trust
13. University of Chester Academies Trust (UCAT)
14. West Hertfordshire Teaching Schools Partnership
There are other sponsors that have decided to consolidate their growth, preferring to focus on improving the performance of their open academies.
The list of sponsors on pause changes on a regular basis and 7 of the sponsors that were on the original list, of 25 October 2013, have subsequently taken on more academies.
Source Hansard 18 March