The Shadow Education Secretary, Andy Burnham, came out today in support of autonomous state schools. He wrote in the Times ‘More autonomy for schools is a good thing: the OECD identifies it as a common factor in the world’s best education systems ‘ (Times 10 June 2011)
- WHY EDUCATION IS SO IMPORTANT- A GREAT QUOTE
- OFSTED RECRUITING MORE HEADS TO INSPECTION ROLES
- PROFESSOR WATTS ACCUSES GOVERNMENT OF BROKEN PROMISES ON CAREERS ADVICE
- INSPECTING ACADEMY CHAINS-WILL IT HAPPEN? IT ALREADY IS
- NEW REPORT LOOKS AT SMALL SCHOOLS PARTNERSHIPS AND THEIR EFFECT ON OUTCOMES
- PROGRESSIVES V TRADITIONALISTS-THE DEBATE CONTINUES ON, AND ON..
- CAREERS GUIDANCE IN SCHOOLS-IS THE POLICY SUSTAINABLE?
- WHAT IS A SELF-IMPROVING SYSTEM?
- THE ADMISSIONS CODE-AIMS TO BE TRANSPARENT-MORE SCHOOLS USING BANDING AND RANDOM ALLOCATIONS
- THE LIST OF ACADEMY SPONSORS WHO CANNOT EXPAND, FOR NOW AT LEAST