The Shadow Education Secretary, Andy Burnham, came out today in support of autonomous state schools. He wrote in the Times ‘More autonomy for schools is a good thing: the OECD identifies it as a common factor in the world’s best education systems ‘ (Times 10 June 2011)
- PISA-POST MORTEM AND THE PISA SHOCK EFFECT
- HEADS SURVEY-ONE IN THREE PRIMARY HEADS SEE BECOMING ACADEMY, IN NEXT YEAR, A PRIORITY
- ARE FINLANDS SCHOOLS AS GOOD AS THEY SEEM?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT A CHILDS READING SPEED REALLY DOES MATTER?
- ARE INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS CONVERTING TO ACADEMY STATUS? NOT REALLY
- CHARACTER IS A SKILL THAT CAN BE DEVELOPED- ACCORDING TO NEW RESEARCH
- PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY-A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE
- WHAT MATTERS MOST IN DETERMINING THE QUALITY OF TEACHING?
- ACADEMIES, CONTRACTING AND FINANCIAL CONTROLS
- THURROCK COMMISSION REPORT-COLLABORATION KEY