The Shadow Education Secretary, Andy Burnham, came out today in support of autonomous state schools. He wrote in the Times ‘More autonomy for schools is a good thing: the OECD identifies it as a common factor in the world’s best education systems ‘ (Times 10 June 2011)
- SUCCESSFUL ACADEMY CHAINS-WHICH ONES DOES THE GOVERNMENT RATE?
- GOVE ON CAREERS ADVICE-MUDDLED MESSAGING
- THE ATTAINMENT GAP-CLOSING IT REMAINS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE
- PRIVATE SCHOOLS FEES-ON THE UP
- NO SYSTEM CAN EXCEED THE QUALITY OF ITS TEACHERS-YES BUT..
- THE PARADOX OF SUCCESS-LESSON FOR SCHOOL LEADERS?
- CHARACTER REALLY COUNTS-WE CAN SUPPORT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND RESILIENCE IN PUPILS
- PERSONALISED LEARNING-REMEMBER THAT-WILL IT MAKE A COMEBACK?
- PUPIL PREMIUM UP DATE
- WE MUST ADDRESS NOW THE SKILLS MISMATCH SAYS BCC-POOR CAREERS GUIDANCE PART OF THE PROBLEM